Do these thoughts sound familiar to you?
“What marketing strategies should I use to drive results? I have a promising website, but why don’t I get conversions? The competition is tough, but I want to get better leads. How can I stand strong online?”
The list goes on and on, and the answer is simple. Opt for law firm marketing.
In today’s tech-driven world, almost all businesses have an online presence. Then why should your law firm sit back?
We understand that a law firm doesn’t marketize its services like other businesses because of campaign limitations set by governing bodies. Therefore, many attorneys opt to work with a legal digital marketing agency that builds marketing strategies for lawyers keeping those limitations in mind.
Now the good thing is, we’ll share some valuable tips for online legal marketing that will give you positive results without breaching any marketing practice.
Marketing Strategies for Lawyers to Boost Growth
Optimize Your Website
We assume that you have an attractive website with relevant information on all the pages. Do you think it’s enough to drive traffic? Well, not really!
Only getting visitors to swipe through your website won’t do much good. Your website should work like a magnet that attracts the right audience, converts them to clients, and keeps them coming for more.
So, when you are finalizing the website layout and content, think about your target audience and address these questions-
- Whom do you want to target with your website?
- Why would viewers choose your site as a resource for potential legal practices?
- What do you want from your audience?
- Why should your audience trust you?
- What is your end goal for the website?
- How will your clients reach out to you?
Once you’ve answered the above questions, focus on these parameters-
- All the website pages must follow consistent branding and deliver a clear message.
- Website response time should be lightning-fast because the viewer doesn’t like to wait for a page to load and get information. They need a response in the blink of an eye.
- It should be easy to navigate, regardless of what source or device a client is using.
- The website design should be mobile-friendly. Remember, a majority of your clients have a smartphone in hand. They are more likely to use their phones rather than sit in front of a desktop to search for law firms.
- Make sure your contact information is mentioned accurately on all pages.
- Add a strong CTA (Call to Action) to encourage readers to connect with you.
- Follow law firm SEO practices to optimize your website. This helps drive traffic from different sources.
- Optimize your website for relevant keywords and build a Google My Business page. This helps target local as well as global audiences.
Know Your Audience
A company that knows its clientele well makes it big in the digital world. Likewise, a law firm must also know its target audience thoroughly. Use social media platforms to conduct surveys or ask potential customers what they are searching for.
Some relevant questions you can use while conducting the survey are:
- What type of legal issues are you facing?
- Have you tried seeking professional legal help?
- What queries do you have about a particular legal procedure?
- Have you ever hired an attorney? If yes, why did you like/dislike their assistance?
The answers that you will get from a survey will help you create engaging marketing strategies for lawyers and run a campaign effectively. You can also address your client’s queries through blogs or interact with them via direct messages or comments.
Create Compelling Content Marketing Strategies for Lawyers
Content marketing strategies for lawyers help to engage with the audience, build a positive reputation and stay on top of their minds. Moreover, a well-planned strategy helps get high-quality backlinks from trusted sources.
We agree that legal content can be quite simple, straightforward, and law-focused. So it should be explained in a way that is easy for the audience to understand. If you are a good storyteller or know how to hook the audience; you’ve already won half the game.
Therefore, once you’ve optimized your website, create SEO-optimized and easy-to-read content for the website. Leverage the power of keywords and phrases that your audience might use to search for information about law firms. Add long-tail keywords and optimize your content to match Google’s algorithm.
Leverage the Power of Social Media
Social media marketing strategies for lawyers are a boon to generate traffic and keep them engaged consistently. LinkedIn and Facebook are the best social media platforms where your law firm can show its presence, boost credibility, and build a loyal clientele.
To build a strong online presence, you can use a variety of pillars like:
- Post useful textual information in the form of blog posts and social media captions, and other audio-visual formats supported by social media platforms.
Note– When sharing sensitive information, do not forget to cite credible sources to back your claims.
- Reviews have the potential to win the trust of customers. Positive reviews help them decide whether or not they should hire you to handle their case. Social media sites and Google are the trusted resources to fetch reviews.
- Social media is an excellent platform to show your expertise and volunteer experience among your audience. This also helps to demonstrate your commitment as a law firm to give back to the community.
A focused social media campaign is a great way to mark an online presence, drive engagement, get followers, and boost traffic to your site. The above marketing strategies for lawyers not only help to stay connected with the audience but also boost the law firm’s credibility.
Build Up on “EAT”
Do you know Google prefers to boost ‘EAT’ instead of ordinary content? EAT stands for Expertise, Authority, and Trust. These are three crucial aspects that Google checks to appraise a brand’s authenticity, website rank, and business.
This is because Google chooses to show only authentic search results to the viewers. That’s why it considers authenticity, accuracy, and trust as the key parameters to decide if a website is worthy to show at the top of the search result.
Therefore, you need to build up on EAT to be in Google’s good books. If you’re wondering how to build up on EAT, you can start by posting case studies on your website and getting client reviews on your law practice. Moreover, you can publish accolades to build trust and show your legal expertise. Make sure you post relevant, high-quality, and authentic information from credible sources.
Leverage Google Ads Campaign
When you have an optimized website, a well-thought-of content strategy, and you understand the target audience thoroughly, it’s time to run Google ads and attract qualified leads. Keep in mind; lawyer firms face steep competition for organic results. So Google ads are the smartest way of online marketing for lawyers to stand out from the crowd.
It helps attorneys to target specific keywords that potential clients use to search for law firms. Moreover, with a Google ads campaign, you can set your marketing budget and keep a check on key parameters like click-through rates (CTR), conversion rates, etc. Alternatively, you can also take assistance from a result-driven digital marketing agency to run a successful Google ads campaign.
Analyze Data to Improve
Regular monitoring and analyzing the results generated from various marketing strategies for lawyers is a promising approach to reaching business goals. For this, you can take the help of campaign analytics tools that help to know:
- Conversion rates
- Traffic sources
- Page views
- Bounce rates
The data that you get from analyzing active marketing strategies for lawyers help to redefine your marketing approach when needed.
In A Nutshell
Lawyer marketing is essential to drive more traffic, engage with the audience, build credibility, show professionalism, and close deals. If done correctly, the above marketing practices can help you get to the top of search engines.
While competition is tough, and Google continually updates algorithms for a better surfing experience, you need to test various marketing strategies for lawyers to get sustained results.
Stay tuned for more tips and tricks to market your law firm the right way.
To know more, check out our blog on the importance of social media marketing for lawyers.